Steve Schwarz is an expert in the office products industry. He is currently a consultant to multiple manufacturing and distribution companies, helping to find ways to reduce channel conflict, increase pricing power and position companies for the market shifts that are constantly evolving.
Prior to his consulting activities, Steve was head of merchandising for all divisions of Essendant, the $5 billion wholesale distributor of workplace essentials after running the company’s $2 billion Furniture and Technology Divisions.
Mr. Schwarz earned his MBA from DePaul University and his Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and Economics from Northeastern Illinois University.
- Senior Vice President, Essendant, Inc. (f/k/a: United Stationers)
- Founder, SmartXpress
- Board of Directors, Clover Technologies
- Senior Vice President, OfficeMax
- Co-Chairman, Prime Office Supply
- President of Supply, Essendant, Inc.
Areas of Expertise
- Distribution & Logistics
- Reverse Logistics
- Supply Chain
- B2B & B2C ERP Systems
- Inventory Management
- Sales & Market Organization
- Office Products & Supplies
- Furniture Industry
- Printing Equipment
- Managed Print
- Janitorial Supplies